A Certificate in European Studies requires 24 credits comprising two core courses:
• EUST 1001 Introduction to European Studies (DC, HP) (3 credits)
• EUST 5001 European Studies Capstone Seminar (3 credits)
and six electives:
• Two Courses from the Social Sciences European–related courses (6 credits)
• Two Courses from History, Culture & Philosophy examining European topics (6 cu)
• Two Courses from the Languages & Literature European-related course list (6 cu)
In addition you must meet the A&S language requirement in one of the following languages: French, German, Italian, or Spanish. With the approval of the Director of European Studies, another language of historical or contemporary significance for Europe may be substituted.
Credit Total: 24, plus the language requirement.